Rev. & Mrs. John D. McDonald, Jr. – Pastor & First Lady
Dr. & Mrs. John D. McDonald, Sr. – Pastor Emeritus & First Lady Emeritus / Founders
Dea. Donald Renwick
Dea. Ronald Clark, Sr.
Dea. John Allison
Dea. Silas Harris
Dea. Chester Leazer
Dea. Ryan Turner
Sis. Linda Lackey
Sis. Cathy Morrison
Sis. Josephine Miller
Sis. Wanda Smith
Sis. Tonia Clark
Sis. Pamela Turner
Sis. Tammy Allison
Sis. Lavida Harris
Sis. Betty Morrison
Sis. Crystal Harris – Administrative Assistant
Bro. Kenny Harris -Music Director
Our Pastor at a Glance
- Rev. John David McDonald, Jr. is the son of Dr. and Mrs. John D. McDonald, Sr. He is the youngest of three sisters and one brother. He currently resides and has lived in the Statesville area the majority of his life. He is married to Felisha, who is a native of St. Pauls, NC. Together they have two sons.
- Rev. McDonald is a proud Aggie and graduated from North Carolina A&T State University, receiving a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science. He later earned Master’s Degree in Computer Science from Winston-Salem State University.
- Received Masters of Divinity at Hood Theological Seminary, Salisbury, NC.
- Has worked in Software Development, Information Technology, and Consulting for over 15 years in both the government and private sectors. He has been blessed with opportunities to consult and work with Non-profits and Fortune 10 corporations.
- He was ordained into the Gospel Ministry in 2007 by the Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Association. He served as Assistant Pastor of First Greater Living Missionary Baptist Church, under the direction of his father, Dr. John D. McDonald, Sr., before being called by an unanimous vote from the church as the next and current Pastor of First Greater Living. Under his tenure, he has continued to build on the foundation of his predecessor through programs and initiatives which include, Health Awareness, Stewardship and Financial Training, Youth Engagement, Men and Women Discussion groups, Marital Support Groups, Community Outreach, and Digital Ministry.
- Rev. McDonald currently serves as Third Vice Moderator of the Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Association.